martes, 18 de mayo de 2021

A TEACHER FROM UNIVERSITY (PART 1): NICE TO MEET YOU ARACELI

Hello everyone! My name is Araceli, and I’ve been doing my Teaching in Secondary Education Master’s practices in the Centre. 

What can I say except I’m grateful? It’s been an incredible experience. The students were really welcoming and they made my stay really pleasant. I’ve learned how to treat them and how to improve my explanations during classes.

One thing which I had to struggle with was the English level of the students. I wasn’t sure if they really understood what I was saying or explaining, so keeping students focused on the subject was a challenge. Moreover, having two different grades of students, both with the same topic and in English, was also a thing that kept my mind occupied. I had to use different vocabulary and gain more language skills to reach the entire audience, also to speak slowly so all of them could follow the class. 

Students appeared to be interested in the subject and they were really participative, they helped me to explore my limitations and also my strengths. 

As for the rest of the teachers, well, no words for them. Just gratitude for how amazing they were. Guiding me around this adventure, giving me tips and tricks to gain ground with the children. I won’t say goodbye to kids, I would only say ‘see you soon’, because I’m sure that we'll meet again elsewhere. No doubt I would repeat it all if I could!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario